Friday, January 18, 2008

FSX Goes to Sea - Deltasim Studio.


I should have blogged on Deltasim Studio long before now. I was under the impression that I had, as I greatly enjoyed Robert Waszkiewicz's freeware Sirocco Motor Yacht.

The Deltasim Studio web site is certainly worth a look. There are many fine examples of finely modeled marine craft for FSX. Most of which sell at very reasonable prices.

Given the direction that Microsoft Aces Studio appears to be heading in developing a core simulation engine that can be used by a variety of products, hopefully true marine simulation will be added to a future simulation product.

Robert's most recent project, a Smit Rotterdam heavy tug, looks absolutely marvelous. I am eagerly awaiting its release. If a large tug does not appeal to you then how about a peaceful cruise on a yacht or perhaps some virtual fishing?

Cool stuff!

cheers

Rob

No comments: