Thursday, February 21, 2008

Amberley Airshow 2008

I realise it's only February however for aviation enthusiasts in Australia, particularly South East Queensland, October 4-5 2008 are dates to remember (especially for me), the dates of the next Defence Force Air Show - Amberley.

http://www.airforce.gov.au/airshow/index.htm

This will be the first air show that I will be photographing digitally. My old Pentax 35mm choose the last Amberley Air Show in 2004 to pack it in - unbeknown to me at the time. I shot 16 roles of film of which I ended up with about 20 usable prints. The shutter wasn't working. The same thing happened at the East Coast Blues & Roots Festival in 2001. On that occasion it appeared to be due to a faulty lens link as the few pics I took with the 200mm lens were perfectly exposed. However even that did not work in 2004. Anyway if a digital camera packs it in all one wastes is the time and of course the lost images that may have been and not hundreds of $ on film & processing. I'm toying with the idea of buying a video camera too. We'll see.

cheers

Rob.

2 comments:

A J Stuart said...

Hi there, we live in NZ and would love to go to an airshow in Oz. I cannot seem to get onto the website suggested as it says cannot connect to server and has offered another site to go to www.airshow.net.au but this is for trade show in Avalon. Do you have any other info on airshow in Amberley or how I could obtain any other info, thank you very much

Rob said...

The main defence.gov.au domain seems to be down at the moment. I can't reach it either. Hopefully it's just a server problem.

I hope the show hasn't fallen victim to government spending cuts :(